The business has a strong reputation for quality and grown steadily. In 2019, the business has approximately 80 employees and sales of £9 million.
This role supports the Financial Controller and the Assistant Financial Controller following a period of rapid expansion. The post-holder has primary responsibility for managing and maintaining the Purchase ledger and assisting with aspects of Sales ledger, including credit control. In addition, the post-holder will assist in the preparation of ad hoc reports and provide administrative support where required.
Standard Duties for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensuring all supplier invoices are authorised by the relevant manager before payment.
- Inputting supplier invoices on a timely and accurate basis to the purchase ledger, including exporting batch invoices from Excel onto SAGE as well as manually inputting them.
- Ensuring commission invoices are correct as per agreement with agencies.
- Periodically reconciling supplier statements with the purchase ledger.
- Preparing documentation for bank payments- BACS, for authorisation from Financial Controller.
- Filing all purchase ledger related documentation adequately.
- Preparation and issue of sales invoices (within agreed timescales).
- Chase overdue invoices by telephone, email within agreed timescales & letter if necessary
- Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity
- Regularly making contact with customers to ensure all relevant debts are managed as necessary
- Understanding and maintaining the interface between the accounts function and the computerised booking system (KX) used by CCT Venues.
- Preparation monthly sales statistics.
- Reconciling the credit card and petty cash for all 4 venues.
- Dealing with ad hoc finance queries and daily maintenance of the Finance Team email address inbox.
- Assistance with the credit control function as required including sending client statements and chasing payments.
- Liaising with other members of the team and across the business.
Experience & Skill requirements:
This post requires an individual with at least one year’s previous finance experience who is highly efficient and confident. Some book-keeping or accountancy qualifications are desirable. Experience of working in a busy environment dealing with people by email and on the telephone in a confident manner, is required.
Experience of working as part of a small team and in the service sector would be an advantage. The post holder will be well educated and highly articulate, with strong written and English Language skills. Good (at least intermediate) I.T. skills, particularly Sage Line 50, outlook, word processing and excel, are required.
Remuneration and benefits:
- Salary dependent on previous experience
- Participation in the Company Pension Scheme (NEST).
- Upon completion of probationary period, participation in the employee assistance scheme (BHSF)
- Complimentary refreshments and lunch.
- Three times salary Term Assurance
- 22 days annual leave, rising annually by 1 day to a maximum of 25 days. A discretionary extra 3 days for Christmas closure, usually awarded, plus Bank Holidays.
- 40hours per week, excluding breaks.