Currently operating 5 venues in London, used primarily for training, conferences and events for corporate clients. Turnover in 2018 is budgeted at over £8 million.
This role supports the Financial Controller and the Assistant Financial Controller following a period of rapid expansion. The post-holder has primary responsibility for managing and maintaining the Sales and Purchase ledgers. In addition the post-holder supports in the preparation of ad hoc reports and support to the credit control function.
Standard Duties for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Assistance with Maintenance of the Sales Ledger:
- Preparation and issue of sales invoices (within agreed timescales)
- Understanding and maintaining the interface between the accounts function and the computerised booking system (KX) used by CCT Venues
- Preparation monthly sales statistics
2. Maintenance of the Purchase Ledger:
- Ensuring all supplier invoices are authorised by the relevant manager before payment
- Inputting supplier invoices on a timely and accurate basis to the purchase ledger, including exporting batch invoices from Excel onto SAGE as well as manually inputting them
- Ensuring commission invoices are correct as per agreement with agencies
- Periodically reconciling supplier statements with the purchase ledger
- Preparing documentation for bank payments- BACS, for authorisation from Financial Controller
- Filing all purchase ledger related documentation adequately
3. Reconciling the credit card and petty cash for all 5 venues
4. Dealing with ad hoc finance queries and daily maintenance of the Finance Team email address inbox
5. Assistance with the credit control function as required including sending client statements and chasing payments
6. Liaising with other members of the team and across the business
Experience & Skill requirements:
This post requires an individual with at least two years previous finance experience who is highly efficient and confident. Some book-keeping or accountancy qualifications are desirable. Experience of working in a busy environment dealing with people by email and on the telephone in a confident manner, is required.
Experience working as part of a small team and in the service sector would be an advantage. The post holder will be well educated and highly articulate, with strong written and English Language skills. Good (at least intermediate) I.T. skills, particularly Sage Line 50, outlook, word processing and excel, are required.
Remuneration and benefits:
- Salary, pro rata to 40 hours at £23,000 to 25,000, dependent on experience and qualifications
- Participation in the Company Pension Scheme (NEST)
- Complimentary refreshments and lunch (subject to availability)
- Upon completion of probationary period, participation in the employee assistance scheme (BHSF)
- Upon completion of probationary period, Four times salary Term Assurance
- 22 days annual leave, rising annually by 1 day to a maximum of 24 days. A discretionary extra 3
32 per week, excluding breaks, to be organized over 3 to 5 days.
To Apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Please no agencies