A great opportunity to work for a friendly, independent conference & venue group.
CCT Venues is a successful, independent company with training and conference venues in Barbican, Smithfield and Canary Wharf. We are a small and highly professional team, passionate about service quality, with a strong focus on teamwork.
We are currently recruiting a General Assistant who will Primarily be responsible for the cleanliness of the venue and ensure the venue is set up and prepared for the day’s events.
This post requires an efficient and confident individual with experience in a client-facing environment. Strong customer service skills are essential along with a positive attitude towards people and the hospitality industry. Excellent spoken English is a requirement of this role. Experience in the hospitality industry would be a strong advantage.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, tidy and well organised store room
- To ensure that all rooms are set up for the follow days’ events in accordance with rotas and job sheets provided. This will involve manual handling of chairs, tables and equipment (trolleys are provided)
- Responsible for the set up and use of regular audio visual equipment and offering assistance to clients and colleagues (training will be given).
- As and when necessary remove any marks from walls and stains on carpets
- Responsible for offering general assistance to clients, for example helping them to move boxes and packages
- Responsible for light maintenance required to keep the venue in an excellent condition (if required).
- To provide general assistance to clients for example by delivering messages, photocopying etc, if required.
- To observe the venues health & safety procedures. You have a responsibility to work safely at all times and to report any potential hazards, faults or problems to your Line Manager.
- To attend and complete compulsory training as required.
- To undertake any other duties as required.
Remuneration and benefits:
- Salary dependant on experience.
- Participation in the company wide staff bonus scheme.
- Participation in the Company Pension Scheme (NEST). If applicable.
- Complimentary refreshments and lunch (subject to availability).
- Upon completion of probationary period, participation in the employee assistance scheme (BHSF).
- Three times salary Term Assurance is offered to all employees who have completed their probation.
- 22 days annual leave, (rising annually by 1 day to a maximum of 25 days), usually at least five days to be taken in August. A discretionary extra 3 days for Christmas closure is usually awarded annually company wide, plus Bank Holidays.
Monday to Friday 45 hours per week including 1 hour breaks per day, worked on a Rota basis. This is a later shift role and hours will usually be between 12:00-20:00 but may fall outside this period to support client events. Occasional weekend work may also be required.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE