The Door-person is the very first point of contact to all delegates and visitors at our Smithfield venue when they arrive at the venue making this a very important role as the first impression of CCT Venues. Primarily the post-holder will be expected to provide guests/clients with a high level of customer service, welcoming them to the venue on arrival and offering assistance when required. The post-holder will also be required to provide assistance to the conference team ensuring that the venue is set up and prepared for the day’s events.
Specific duties include:
- To provide a high level of customer service to all clients, visitors and staff on arrival, directing them to reception and offering assistance when required for example helping them with luggage, deliveries etc
- To ensure that the entrance to the venue is clean and tidy both inside and out
- To unlock the rooms inside the venue as instructed by the Venue team
- To assist the catering staff with setting up water and coffee stations in the conference rooms and or restaurant areas
- To assist the team with any late client request if required this may involve manual handling of chairs, tables and equipment (trolleys are provided)
- Responsible for offering general assistance to clients, for example helping them to move boxes and packages
- Responsible for light maintenance required to keep the venue in an excellent condition (if required)
- To provide general assistance to clients for example by delivering messages, photocopying etc, if required
- To observe the venues health & safety procedures. You have a responsibility to work safely at all times and to report any potential hazards, faults or problems to your Line Manager
- To attend and complete compulsory training as required
- To undertake any other duties as required
Experience & Skill requirements:
This post requires an efficient and confident individual with experience in a client facing environment. Strong customer service skills are essential along with a positive attitude towards people and the hospitality industry. Excellent spoken English is a requirement of this role. Experience in the hospitality industry would be a strong advantage.
Remuneration and benefits:
- £8.00 per hour for a 20 hour week £8320 p.a.
- Participation in the company wide staff bonus scheme
- Participation in the Company Pension Scheme (NEST). If applicable
- Complimentary refreshments and lunch (subject to availability)
- Upon completion of probationary period, participation in the employee assistance scheme (BHSF)
- Four times salary Term Assurance is offered to all employees who have completed their probation
- 22 days annual leave, (rising annually by 1 day to a maximum of 24 days), usually at least five days to be taken in August. A discretionary extra 3 days for Christmas closure is usually awarded annually company wide, plus Bank Holidays.
Hours to be agreed weekly in advance, usually Monday to Friday, between the hours of 8.00am and 12:00am. Flexibility required to meet client requirements.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please no agencies