A great opportunity to work for a friendly, independent conference & training venue group.
CCT Venues is a successful, independent company with training and conference venues in Barbican, Smithfield and Canary Wharf. We are a small and highly professional team, passionate about service quality, with a strong focus on teamwork.
We are looking for an exceptional Commis Chef to work in all areas of the kitchen, meeting the daily requirements of the business. You will assist with all Food safety areas within the venues, following our Health and Safety policies, practises and procedures. You will ensure the safe preparation and service of all food items, labelling and protecting food minimizing risks.
You will be responsible for running a section in the kitchen, organising prep, prioritising tasks, placing orders when required and meeting deadline. You will also assist with the day to day running of the kitchen, deliveries, cleaning and maintaining small equipment.
Furthermore, you will follow the Head/CDP chefs guide and instruction whilst maintaining high standards of cooking and presentation.
You will set out, maintain and monitor high standards of cooking and presentation and follow current food trends with regards to sustainability.
You will work closely with the Head Chef and other Chefs at client events to ensure functions run smoothly and liaise with the Event Coordinator and service team with regards to service and timings.
Skills and Experience
- • Food Safety and NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
- • At least 2 years’ experience in a professional kitchen
- • Quick thinking and calm under pressure
- • Good organisational skills
- • Good English language skills.
Remuneration and benefits:
- Salary dependant on experience.
- Participation in the company wide staff bonus scheme.
- Participation in the Company Pension Scheme (NEST).
- Complimentary refreshments and lunch (subject to availability).
- Upon completion of probationary period, participation in the employee assistance scheme (BHSF).
- Three times salary Term Assurance is offered to all employees who have completed their probation.
- 22 days annual leave, (rising annually by 1 day to a maximum of 25 days), usually at least five days to be taken in August. A discretionary extra 3 days for Christmas closure is usually awarded annually company wide, plus Bank Holidays.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE