CCT Venues is an owner managed, private limited company operating London based training and conference venues. Trading since 2005 and currently operating 4 venues in the City and Canary Wharf, the business has grown steadily and currently has around 80 staff and sales of over £9million.
CCT Venues is a high quality training venues group offering excellent service at all levels. The Room Setter has primary responsibility for the cleanliness and set up of the rooms at CCT Venues Smithfield as per client requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, tidy and well organised store room.
- To ensure that all rooms are set up for the following day’s events in accordance with events rotas and job sheets provided. This will involve manual handling of chairs, tables and equipment (trolleys are provided).
- Responsible for the set up and use of regular audio visual equipment and offering assistance to clients and colleagues (training will be given).
- As and when necessary, remove any marks from walls and stains on carpets.
- Responsible for offering general assistance to clients, for example helping them to move boxes and packages.
- Responsible for light maintenance required to keep the venue in an excellent condition.
- Occasional door duty to welcome late visitors (smart apparel should be worn for this duty).
- To provide general assistance to clients, for example by delivering messages and photocopying etc, if required.
- To observe the venues health & safety procedures. You have a responsibility to work safely at all times and to report any potential hazards, faults or problems to your Line Manager.
- To attend and complete compulsory training as required.
- To undertake any other duties as required.
Experience & Skill Requirements:
- The successful candidate must have experience working in a similar role.
- The post holder must be well presented, fit and able bodied and confident with good communication skills.
- Good spoken English is essential, as is the ability to understand basic written English (e.g. to read labels, rotas and written instructions).
- Experience in the service sector, particularly in the training and conference industry would be an advantage.
Remuneration & Benefits:
- £8.76 per hour equating to £9,110 per annum.
- Participation in the Company Wide staff Bonus Scheme
- Upon completion of probationary period, participation in the employee assistance scheme (BHSF)
- Participation in the company Pension Scheme (NEST)
- Complimentary refreshments and lunch.
- Three times salary Term Assurance
- 22 days annual leave (pro rata), rising annually by 1 day to a maximum of 25 days. A discretionary extra 3 days for Christmas closure, usually awarded, plus Bank Holidays.
CCT Venues are normally open Monday-Friday from 8.00am - 6.00pm. You will be expected to work 20 hours per week. Typical working hours for this position are starting between 3pm and 5pm and finishing 4 hours later, although flexibility will be required to meet client requirements. You may be required to work at other CCT Venues locations as requested.
To apply, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please no agencies
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of candidates’ personal data during the recruitment process in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into force on 25 May 2018. For further information please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice.