CCT Venues is an owner managed, private limited company comprised of four London-based training and conference venues. The business started trading in 2005 and currently operates two venues in the City and two venues in Canary Wharf. The business has a strong reputation for quality and has grown steadily. In 2019, the business had approximately 80 employees and sales of c.£9 million.
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic team player, who can make a valuable contribution to the business through the pro-active management of existing Tier A & Tier B Accounts and the introduction of new accounts and clients.
This role is designed to increase business levels at all of our venues through growth of existing accounts and the introduction of new business, ensuring that bookings and enquiries are optimally placed, balancing client needs and maximising venue yields.
The post holder will also assist with maximising revenue and hitting budget targets through involvement in tactical sales activities.
Key Measurable Duties include identifying and evaluating new sales opportunities and capitalising on these opportunities. Targets will be achieved through a combination of: premium value enquiry conversion; new lead identification and conversion; account growth and managing agency relationships. In financial terms, the post-holder will be expected to deliver in the region of £350,000 of new business, on an annual basis across all venues. Whilst managing and growing several established accounts.
The role also requires networking with key prospects at industry events to promote our brand as well as developing and maintaining strong relationships with key venue agents. The successful candidate will be skilled at creating opportunities to bid for high value contracts, as well as negotiating preferred supplier status with high value clients.
Experience & Skill Requirements:
This post requires an efficient and confident team player, with a passion for sales and business development. You will have formal experience of building “sales pipelines”, a consultative approach, experience of managing bids and contracts and have the gravitas to influence and network at a senior level. You will also need to be self-motivated and able to work to targets.
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry is essential, ideally in the London conference and training venue sector.
- A proven record in sales and business development, with at least 3 years’ experience working on pro-actives sales at manager level.
- Formal experience of building “sales pipelines”, working with a consultative approach, experience of managing tenders/RFP and contracts and the gravitas to influence and network at a senior level.
- Refined negotiation and influencing skills.
- The ability to present well.
- A good general education with excellent spoken and written English language skills, good organisational skills, and good IT skills are required.
Remuneration & Benefits:
- Competitive salary;
- Up to 13% annual performance related personal bonus scheme;
- Up to 2% commission payable on proactive new sales won (payable monthly in arrears) after 3 months employment and successful completion of probation;
- Upon completion of probationary period, participation in the employee assistance scheme (BHSF);
- Complimentary refreshments and lunch;
- Three times salary Term Assurance;
- 22 days annual leave, rising annually by 1 day to a maximum of 25 days. A discretionary extra 3 days for Christmas closure is usually awarded, plus Bank Holidays.
Hours are Monday to Friday, 40 per week (excl. breaks), to be worked between 8.30am and 6.30pm.
To apply, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please no agencies
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of candidates’ personal data during the recruitment process in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into force on 25 May 2018. For further information please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice.