World Salt Awareness Week 9th - 15th March 2020
What is World Salt Awareness Week?
World Salt Awareness Week is run by Action on Salt and aims to help raise awareness of the damaging effect of too much salt in our diet to our health.
Why is Too Much Salt Bad?
Salt contains high levels of sodium. Having a high level of sodium in your diet has been linked to an increased risk of high blood pressure, which can lead to many serious health problems.
Reducing the amount of sodium in your diet offers many health benefits, it can:
- Lower your blood pressure
- Reduce your risk of heart disease
- Lower your LDL cholesterol
- Prevent congestive heart failure
- Decrease your risk of kidney damage
- Prevent your chance of having a stroke
- Lessen the chance of a brain aneurysm
- Lower your risk of dementia
- Reduce the chance of kidney stones
- Lower your risk of developing stomach cancer
CCT Venues Food
We are already aware of the health benefits of a low salt diet and are therefore extremely conscious of the amount of salt we use in our dishes. We also only cook with Maldon Sea Salt, as it has much less sodium levels than regular table salt.
This week we have further reduced the amount of salt we use in our dishes by 30% and have removed table salt from the tables to reduce the temptation to add more.
- Tags: Food