Serves 4 | Cooking time 25 minutes | Prep time 20 minutes
- 4 Duck Breasts
- 200g cooked tender stem broccoli
- 150g cooked diced beetroot
- 1 bunch edible flowers
- 200g carrots
- 200ml vegetable oil
- 50ml white wine vinegar
- 25g caster sugar
- Knob of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Deep fat fryer pre-heated to 160°c
1. Pre heat oven to 180°c
2. Peel carrots discard outer peelings. Peel again twice to make ribbons and set aside. Cut the remainder of the peeled carrots into small pieces and place in a saucepan with the sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper and a splash of water. Cook on a gentle heat until soft. Puree the carrots and all cooking juices until smooth using a food processor. Place into a squeeze bottle and set aside.
3. Heat a non-stick pan with a little veg oil until smoking. Season duck breast with salt and pepper. Place into hot pan skin side down, cook for 6-8 minutes until skin becomes brown and crisp. Turn over gently and place into preheated oven for a further 6 minutes. Remove and allow to rest in a warm place for 10-12 minutes.
4. Whilst duck is resting heat through the beetroot and broccoli in separate pans with a little butter and seasoning.
5. Deep fry the carrot shavings in hot oil until crisp, drain well on kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
6. Plate up. Arrange your broccoli and beetroot alternately onto a warmed dinner plate squeeze the carrot puree into the centre, slice each duck breast into 5-6 pieces. Neatly place onto the carrot puree, top with crispy carrots and garnish with edible flowers.