What are the Current Rules Regarding Meeting, Training and Conference Venues Being Open?
Meeting, training and conference venues are allowed to be open, providing they can adhere to the safety measures imposed by the government and sector best practice.
After receiving permission from the government, we reopened our venues on 1st August 2020 and have been running Covid-Safe events, in line with government guidelines ever since.
What Business Events are Currently Allowed?
As London is currently experiencing its third lockdown, which came into effect on 5th January 2021, there are some restrictions in regards to the types of events that are permitted. As the rules currently stand:
- Events and training necessary for key workers are permitted.
- Filming work and TV production is permitted.
- University programmes that require additional space is permitted.
- Venues can be used for charitable purposes, medical use, volunteering, nursery activities, mutual aid and therapy groups and elite sports group training.
On the 22nd of February 2021, the government announced its roadmap which details the steps and dates to gradually ease the lockdown and eventually return to normality. Here are the key dates to pop in your calendar:
8th March 2021
- Work from home when possible, but business events that cannot be conducted from home are permitted (for example, to deliver essential training which requires extensive tech requirements).
- Schools and colleges will resume face-to-face education. This is also permitted for higher education.
- Childcare activities can resume to enable parents to work.
12th April 2021
- Outdoor hospitality is permitted.
- Weddings are permitted, for up to 15 people.
- Non-essential retail to reopen, including hairdressers, beauty salons and public buildings.
17th May 2021
- Indoor venues are allowed to reopen at half capacity, up to a maximum of 1,000 people.
- Outdoor venues are allowed to reopen at half capacity, up to a maximum of 4,000 people.
- Indoor hospitality is permitted.
- Most businesses will be able to reopen, including hotels, hostels and B&Bs.
- Weddings and other significant life events are permitted, for up to 30 people.
21st June 2021
- All business events will be permitted.
- Remaining premises will be allowed to reopen, including nightclubs.
- All legal limits on social contact will be lifted.
Updated March 2021
Now that we have an idea of the dates that the government plans to ease restrictions, we can start planning for the future and start counting down to being able to meet face-to-face once again! Enquire with us now for availability and to lock in your price at our lower rate! If necessary, we will postpone your event free of charge.
We have implemented an extensive array of safety measures and precautions to keep all visitors safe. As a result, we have achieved various industry-leading accreditations for Covid safety. We have produced this walkthrough video to give you an idea of what it will be like when you next visit us and to give you peace of mind that we have every aspect taken care of.
For more information about the measures we have put in place, read our comprehensive Safety First Handbook.
If you have any questions or would like more information about what we are doing to keep you safe, then don’t hesitate to get in touch.