Cooking time 45 minutes
Prep time 25 minutes
1 large carrot
100g puy lentils
2 garlic cloves
10g pickled ginger
15g crushed vegetable crisps
1. In a saucepan, parboil the potatoes until tender or a knife slides out smoothly, cool, peel and grate.
2. In another saucepan, cook the carrot until soft to puree. Puree with pickled ginger and season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Cook the lentils in salted water until soft and drain off excess water.
4. Finely chop shallots, garlic and chilli, then sauté with 25ml oil until tender.
5. Mix grated potato, lentils and onions in a bowl and season to taste.
6. Press mixture into a cookie cutter leaving a hole in the middle.
7. Place the carrot puree in the hole of the mixture and add a small amount of the mixture to cover the carrot puree, remove from the cookie cutter.
8. Press the moulded potato and lentil mixture into the crushed vegetable crisps.
9. In a frying pan, brown both sides of the lentil cake until golden.
10. Place in a preheated oven at 175ºC for 15 minutes, remove and serve.